Nav ClockDec 11, 2013
Nav Clock by Split Rail Inc. is based upon those multi-function weather station desk clocks. You can run Nav Clock on the display of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The app shows a variety of weather and time data useful to navigators and voyagers.
Here are the features from Split Rail's web site.
• Optimized for iOS7.
•Maps view of the nearest weather station and its information.
•Copyable current location coordinates so that they may be pasted into other apps.
• Stunning on Retina displays.
• Nav Clock brings together all of the current information you need in one clean format.
• Course and Speed is great for hikers!
• Brightness control makes it great for a night stand clock! Just tap the screen and the control appears for a few seconds.
• Larger fonts than on other weather apps - easier on older eyes.
• Horizontal view (iPhone) displays additional weather station information:
Begin Civil Twilight (Dawn)
End Civil Twilight (Dusk)
Solar Noon (Transit)
Total Hours of Daylight
Weather Station Information
Station Elevation and Distance
Weather Observation Date/Time
• The background sky condition photographs change to closely approximate the current sky conditions in your vicinity with gorgeous original photography. Over 90 background sky condition photographs are included with more being added with each update.
• Displays the time and location, offset from Greenwich Mean Time, aviation “Zulu” time (GMT), geographic coordinates, elevation above mean sea level (requires GPS), and the accuracy of the location.
• The barometric pressure is calculated natively on the iPhone and a trending indicator for steady, rising, falling, rapidly rising, or rapidly falling is displayed. Nav Clock is one of only a few weather Apps that display a barometric pressure trend indicator.
• Current weather station information for your location including “Feels Like” temperature, the Wind Chill or Heat Index based upon the temperature, wind, and humidity. A fine resolution of the current weather conditions is displayed including wind gusts, wind variability, and visibilities as low as “<50” feet in some cases.
• Julian date options.
• Many preference settings allow you to customize the format of the display including the metric system, 24-hour time, Degrees-Minutes-Seconds,Degrees-Minutes.M, or WGS 84 coordinate systems, Fahrenheit, Celsius, or both, tenths of degrees, aviation weather formats, disable auto-lock (prevents the screen from sleeping), and more.
• Languages: English. Partial translations for German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.