Key points on spare parts
• It’s easier to make a repair tied up at the dock. Do you have what you need when you are offshore?
• Determine what is likely to be commonly replaced (bulbs, fuses) and add spares to your inventory.
• Figure out what would really ruin your day (broken toilet) and purchase rebuild kits.
• Learn where the serviceable items are installed on your boat and diagram those locations.
• Make sure you have the right parts and the correct tool to make a change out.
• Organize your spares logically so you can find them when you need them.