New A-Series Multifunction DisplaysAug 2, 2012
From the press release:
Raymarine launched the new a‐Series line of multifunction navigation displays at the ICAST sport fishing tradeshow. The new a‐Series bring the performance and simplicity of Raymarine multifunction navigation into a sleek, compact, and full featured touchscreen display.
Engineered to perform on boats below 30’ the new a‐Series are rugged multifunction displays designed for tight spaces.
The touch screen design and low profile bezel gives every helm a clean, and integrated appearance, while the supplied mounting bracket offers convenient mounting virtually anywhere at the helm. Keeping with Raymarine’s high standard for sunlight visibility, the new a‐Series is equipped with a super bright LED backlit display that is optically bonded for sharp color and contrast in the brightest sunlight.
The compact a‐Series multifunction displays are extremely versatile, offering boaters simple and quick access to navigation applications like GPS, sonar, radar and much more. Like Raymarine’s award winning e‐Series multifunction displays, the new a‐Series utilize Raymarine’s intuitive LightHouse user interface. With a‐Series and LightHouse, boaters are greeted with an easy‐to‐use home screen of applications, making learning and operating a‐Series MFDs fast and easy.
The new a‐Series consists of two models that are ready to navigate right out of the box. Both models include a 50 channel internal GPS and Navionics Silver cartography on microSD. Boaters can choose the a65 MFD for GPS navigation and networking, while serious anglers will appreciate the a67 MFD with ClearPulse® digital sonar built‐in.
All a‐Series displays offer extensive add‐on options, including Raymarine’s RCU‐3 Bluetooth steering wheel remote. The simple 3 button RCU‐3 puts you command of a‐Series without letting go of the wheel. The compact RCU‐3 can also be used as handheld remote using the supplied lanyard.
Each a‐Series display features a fast Raynet Ethernet port for connecting up to 6 Raymarine MFDs, making a‐Series the perfect choice for a small boat network or part of a larger Raymarine system. The Raynet port also enables connection to Raymarine Digital, HD Color, and Super HD Color radar systems, giving boaters the option for a compact and affordable high performance radar system. Anglers looking for greater sonar resolution and performance can network with Raymarine’s optional CP450C ClearPulse® CHIRP sonar module. Boaters can further expand a‐Series with Bluetooth MP3 control and Fusion audio control. An optional SIRIUSXM receiver enables both SIRIUS marine weather overlays and SIRIUSXM satellite radio audio control.
A‐Series displays also connect with NMEA2000 and Raymarine SeaTalkng networks, giving boaters the ability to integrate AIS, autopilots and engine instruments. Taking advantage of engine fuel data, the new a‐Series offer a fuel manager, allowing captains to monitor fuel consumption and time‐to‐empty calculations. In addition, the a‐Series chartplotter application provides a fuel range ring overlaid on the navigation chart, allowing captains to visualize their maximum fuel range.
Key Features of the new a‐Series
- Swipe, Touch and Navigate – very simple. Powered by Raymarine’ s intuitive LightHouse user interface
- Super Bright LED Technology – sunlight viewable
- 5.7” optically bonded display provide sharp color and contrast
- Super‐fast dual core processor plus a powerful graphics processor
- 50 channel internal GPS sensor
- Charts Included – a‐Series is available with ready‐to‐navigate Navionics Silver charts on a microSD card. Step up to 3D and aerial photo chart navigation using Navionics Platinum+ charts on microSD. Also compatible with Navionics Gold charts
- Easy to use and learn with a simple start up wizard and onscreen user’s guide
- Power Save enables ultra-low power sleep mode with rapid awake
- Fast Raynet Ethernet (SeaTalkhs compatible) port for networking with up to 6 Raymarine MFDs
- Network support for Raymarine Digital radar, HD Color, and SHD Color radar
- ClearPulse® CHIRP sonar module option
- SIRIUS Marine Weather and SIRIUSXM satellite radio controls
- “Video over IP” camera support
- Fuel monitoring with range, time‐to‐empty calculations and fuel range ring overlaid on navigation charts
- NMEA2000 certified with SeaTalkng connectivity
- Fusion audio control
- Connect with your smartphone and control your MP3 music remotely using Bluetooth
- Optional Wireless Control. The RCU‐3 wireless remote offers simple 3 button control of the MFD using Bluetooth. Wheel mount or lanyard (supplied).
- Waterproofing to IPX6 and IPX7 standard
Key a67 with sonar features
- A powerful combo – the a67 combines all the navigation capabilities of the a65 with a built in ClearPulse® digital Sonar
- Fully automatic ClearPulse digital sonar technology provides uncluttered, highly detailed display of fish and bottom structure
- Powerful 600 Watt digital sonar automatically adapts and adjusts sonar parameters for a clear image of fish and bottom down to 3000’ (Actual depth performance may vary. Sea conditions, temperature and water salinity can affect the maximum depth range of the sonar)
- Dual Frequency – 200 kHz for shallow water operation and 50 kHz for offshore fishing
- Optional Ultra Wide FanBeam 200kHz transom transducer offers 3x the beam width of conventional 200 kHz transducers.
- Trolling motor ready – optional adapter enables use of Minn Kota’s Universal Sonar trolling motor transducer (83kHz)
The new a‐Series will be available to consumers in late October 2012. Official retail pricing will be released in
September 2012. To learn the latest on this exciting new product line please visit www.raymarine.com.