Pink PFDsOct 8, 2007
Sailors who are sports fans may have noticed the advent of baseball caps and football team jerseys adorned with a particular team's logo, but otherwise colored entirely pink. The idea is supposed to appeal to women fans who find pink Boston Red Sox hats or pink Green Bay Packers jerseys more in keeping with with what a female should wear than a team's regular colors. Now Mustang Survival is taking this concept into sailing with a pink accented inflatable PFD.
From the press release: Mustang Survival unveiled a limited edition vibrant pink Inflatable Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at the United States Sailboat Show in Annapolis, Maryland. Combining the award winning Inflatable PFD with Hydrostatic Inflation Technology (HIT) and a flair for fashion this PFD will keep boaters safe and looking great on the water.
"The positive public reaction to the pink PFDs Mustang made for Team FisherGirl on the Women's Bassmaster Tour was overwhelming," said Frank Leffelaar, Marketing Manager Services for Mustang Survival. "We've had so many requests from boaters, sailors, anglers and even our own employees we simply had to act. I'm pleased to see wearing PFDs is becoming an integral part of the boating lifestyle."
The Inflatable PFD with HIT features:
• Reliable Inflation - It will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and is not susceptible to rain, spray or humidity.
• Low Maintenance - No inflator maintenance is required for 5 years unless inflated. You can easily see the inflator status and replacement date through the safety inspection window.
• Comfort - Designed to be lightweight and comfortable the PFD can be worn over a T-shirt or jacket. It is low profile and allows for the maximum amount of mobility. The neoprene Comfort Collar is so soft it won't chafe your neck.
• Durability - Constructed with durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon and a patented easy-to-use SecureZip PFD closure system.
• New Color - Available in Red/Black, Carbon/Black and Tan/Black, the Pink/Black version will only be available for a limited time.