New and Enhanced Data Products Offered at Same Price with Baron QuikLink World Marine Package
Huntsville, AL… Baron Services, a leading weather technology company, announced new and enhanced data products for QuikLink’s World Marine data package at no increase in cost. New and enhanced data includes Sea Surface Temperatures differentiated to 1 square kilometer and radar coverage for both Europe and Australia. QuikLink is the company’s subscription-based weather data service which supplies comprehensive graphical weather information, including satellite imagery, wave and wind information on a fixed internet data connection.
“We strive to meet the ever-expanding needs of our marine users by utilizing the most timely data sources available,” said Bob Baron, President and CEO of Baron Services. “Our customers can be sure that they are receiving the most comprehensive data available. With this upgrade, there will be no additional cost to our current World Marine customers.”
World Marine New Products include the following:
• 1km Sea Surface Temperatures in select areas: available from the northern coast of South America, though the Caribbean Sea, and the Gulf of Mexico and along the East and West coasts of the United States and Canada. This product is ideal for anglers in locating areas of specific temperature ranges that different species of fish prefer.
• Radar Coverage for Europe and Australia: national and international radar network integration now allows for radar coverage over Europe and Australia.
• Global Wind Analysis: derived from Satellite data, buoys observations, and numerical weather models to give accurate, real-time wind conditions
• Global Cloud-Free Chlorophyll: provides a graphical representation of the amounts of chlorophyll found in the water. Global, 4.6km, high-resolution chlorophyll data indicates the concentration of plankton in the area, allowing the user to better target their desired species of fish.
• Ship Observations: ideal for locations where available buoy data is limited, ship reports will provide information on wind speed and direction, wave heights, and other current conditions. This data is quality controlled so that only the highest quality observations are disseminated.
World Marine Enhanced Products include the following:
• High Resolution Global Sea Surface Temperatures: derived from multiple sources, including satellites that can directly measure sea surface temperatures even in overcast conditions. Advanced mathematical models of the atmosphere and oceans are also employed to predict missing temperature values and fill in any gaps. These mathematical analyses are based on algorithms and data from several sources, including NASA, NOAA and the US Navy.
• Global Waves: global inshore corrective modeling provides more accurate wave height, direction and period information especially along coastlines. Also provides information on large, inland bodies of water such as the Sea of Arabia, Baltic Sea and Red Sea.
• Global Tropical Cyclone: will plot tropical cyclone tracks anywhere in the world up to 96 hours out. Plots include strength estimates and are issued by national meteorological organizations around the world.
• Global Buoys: providing information on water temperature, wave heights and more, buoy observations detail localized conditions reported by individual buoys. With a greatly increased number of buoys from which data is received, hundreds more reports are available. They also provide more data per buoy including salinity and subsurface temperatures.
The innovative World Marine data package provides a 23-region coverage area and pricing tiers starting at just $49.99 per month. The World Marine package includes the information mentioned above as well as: Lightning, Satellite imagery, Wave Forecast (12/24/36 hour), Surface Wind and Pressure Forecasts (12/24/36 hour), Visibility, and Rainfall Rate (current and forecast). You can choose to receive data from one region, two regions or worldwide, whichever your needs or budget determines. The World Marine package requires a one-time purchase of the Baron QuikLink viewing software, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $550.
In order to receive and display QuikLink World Marine data, (other subscription levels are also available), users must have a subscription, QuikLink viewing software (an additional purchase with World Marine), a data connection and a PC compatible display device. For more information on QuikLink or to purchase a subscription and download software, please visit www.baronservices.com/quiklink.
About Baron Services
Baron Services’ products span the globe, serving government, business and consumer markets with state-of-the-art weather technologies and integrated solutions. From Doppler radar manufacturing and installation to advanced forecast modeling for hydrology, air quality, and meteorology, Baron Services continues to lead the weather industry through award-winning
innovation. Baron Services, through its partnership with L-3 STRATIS, was awarded a five-year contract from NOAA’s National Weather Service (NWS) to provide a system-wide upgrade of the 171 NWS, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Department of Defense (DOD) NEXRAD radars to dual-polarization capability. Part of the XM NavWeather system, Baron Services’ Threat Matrix technology is now available as standard or standard option on select models from Acura, Hyundai, Infiniti, Lexus, Nissan, Porsche and the Honda Goldwing motorcycle. In the aviation industry, Baron’s technology comes standard with over 90% of general aviation aircraft being manufactured with XM WX Satellite Weather as standard or standard option. Baron is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with offices in Oklahoma, North Carolina and Florida. For more news and information on Baron Services, please visit www.baronservices.com.